If you have been injured at work you need to call us! Trimble & Grantham handles all types of work injury cases. Our practice areas include Workers’ Compensation, Non-Subscriber, ERISA, Social Security, Disability and all types of Personal Injury cases. We have friendly staff members and attorneys that are ready to help. The Trimble & Grantham office is conveniently located in the historic Houston Heights since 1999. Larry Trimble is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Se Habla Español.
How it works for the employer
Large employers that do not have workers’ compensation usually provide an Occupational Injury Plan which is governed by a Federal Law called Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). This law means quite simply that you will lose!
Before your claim is denied, the employer, through their insurance or claims department will secure all the necessary evidence to help your boss win and you lose. Once your claim is denied, your only likely method of recovery is to file a claim in Arbitration or Court.
In workers’ compensation, it does not matter who was responsible for causing your injury. Drop a hammer on your foot – you are covered. In a non-subscriber case this issue becomes much more difficult.
In complying with the ERISA Plan, your employer will make sure that you:
- Give a detailed recorded statement – Sometimes 35 pages of recording. They will put all relevant laws in question form and assist you in providing evidence that will help your employer’s case against you.
- See their “expert” doctors – They will diagnose, make comments regarding your fault in your injury, and return you back to work.
- Harass You – Your employer will make certain that you understand that failure to do whatever you are told will result in termination. Injured Workers do not help employers make more money.
With our attorneys you can make the above negatives into a positive.
Who is a non-subscriber to workers’ compensation
(More and more employers are added to this list frequently. Many other employers, not listed here are Non-Subscribers. If you are unsure whether you have Workers’ Compensation call us at 713-863-8600.)
- Home Depot
- Almost ALL HOSPITALS AND MEDICAL FACILITIES
- Christus Health
- Memorial Hermann
- Dollar General
- Almost all LARGE RETAILERS
Unlike with Workers’ Compensation, if your employer is a Non-Subscriber, you have a monetary claim against them.
The best plan
Step 1: Find out if your employer has an ERISA plan or Workers’ Compensation insurance. Are you covered?
Step 2: Program our number into your phone 713-863-8600.
Step 3: If you are injured, take a picture of the injury and location.
Step 4: After notifying your employer, schedule an appointment with your doctor or get urgent medical
attention if needed.
Step 5: Call Trimble & Grantham…
To recover from your Injury at Work, you MUST be prepared!